Future of California Elections (FoCE) works to modernize elections and expand participation, while serving the needs of all voters, including underrepresented voters, voters with disabilities and limited English proficient voters. Each year the members of Future of California Elections identify key priorities to advance our shared mission and work collaboratively with partners across California to strengthen our democracy.
In 2019, Future of California Elections will:
- Support implementation of the Voter’s Choice Act by expanding our Voter’s Choice California project, which focuses on supporting counties and communities who have adopted the new voting model.
- Support implementation of Conditional Voter Registration, also known as Same Day Registration, by working with counties to improve the voter experience as well as opportunities for registering to vote.
- Support implementation of California Motor Voter by improving voter registration at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Work to improve voter information by promoting best design practices and plain language.
- Convene stakeholders and partners at the FoCE annual conference in order to promote cross-sector collaboration and further shared goals.