The Future of California Elections (FoCE) is a collaboration between election officials, civil rights organizations and election reform advocates to examine and address the unique challenges facing the State of California’s election system.
The Future of California Elections (FoCE) Project was formed in late 2011 to examine and address the unique challenges facing the State of California’s election system. In 2013 and beyond, FoCE will be improvements in California’s system of elections.
▪ Assisting with implementation of online voter registration, especially integrating it into websites for dozens of colleges and universities statewide; and
▪ Researching ways California can modernize how it selects, tests and maintains voting technology in order to support new innovations aimed at increasing participation rates in all communities while ensuring that elections remain open, transparent and accurate.By fostering collaboration with each other and with policymakers, FoCE members hope to:
▪ Inform the development of effective elections policy and regulations that reflect the needs of voters and the practicalities of implementation;
▪ Help implement new policies through effective administration and public outreach;
▪ Help local elections official identify and adopt “best practices” that can improve voter participation
▪ Cultivate/maintain broad support for election reforms among the public and advocacy community.
We look forward to working with policymakers, advocates and anyone else dedicated to a more representative and well-run election system in the State of California.