The DMV changed its voter registration process for applicants seeking a driver’s license and ID card in April 2016. This webinar discussed the changes at the DMV, the importance of DMV compliance under the National Voter Registration Act and the importance of voter education to ensure voters register correctly. Video is available here, accompanied by an accessible transcript here.
- Ofelia Medina, Director of State Civic Engagement Policy, NALEO Educational Fund
- Trudy Schafer, Senior Director for Program, League of Women Voters of California
- Lori Shellenberger, Voting Rights Director, ACLU of California
- Paul R. Spencer, Staff Attorney for Voting Rights, Disability Rights California
- Moderator: Astrid Garcia Ochoa, Deputy Director, Future of California Elections