The Vote Center Disability and Language Requirements Checklist, available here, provides a list of Vote Center Accessibility Requirements for People with Disabilities and Vote Center Language Assistance Requirements. Some of the requirements for accommodating voters with disabilities include the number of voting machines available, equipping accessible voting systems, and distribution of vote centers across a county to provide convenient locations. Language assistance requirements include assistance in all languages covered by federal and state laws, posting of information in other languages regarding assistance available, and expansion of assistance after public input.
The archived materials here are specific to the first two election cycles of the law and are listed as sample materials. Revisions should be made as changes and amendments are made to the Voter’s Choice Act.
Additional VCA checklists available in this resource category are listed below:
- Voter’s Choice Act Legal Digest
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Public Participation Checklist
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Election Administration Plan Voter Education and Outreach Plan Checklist
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Vote Center Disability and Language Access Requirements Checklist
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Vote Center and Ballot Drop Off Location Algorithm Checklist
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Voter Notification Checklist
- Voter’s Choice Act Digest: Secretary of State Report to Legislature Checklist